To all Clubs affiliated to the MCU in 2019,
Notice is hereby given that an extraordinary general meeting of the Munster Cricket Union shall be held at Cork County Cricket Club, Richard Beamish Grounds, Mardyke Walk, Cork, on the 20th October 2019 at 5:00 p.m. for the purposes of considering and, if thought fit, passing the following resolutions:
That the Constitution of the Union be amended by the insertion of the following at the end of the Constitution:
- The Union shall have power to transfer all or any part of its assets, liabilities, business and undertaking to a new company to be formed specifically for the purpose of carrying on the business of the Union in succession to the Union, and any such transfer shall take place upon such terms as the Executive Board shall think fit.”
- That the Union do transfer its assets, liabilities, business and undertaking to a company intended to be called Munster Cricket Union CLG, which company shall carry on the business of the Union in succession thereto, and that such transfer shall take place upon such terms as the Executive Board shall think fit.
- That following such transfer as is mentioned in resolution 2 above, the Union shall be wound up and that the Executive Board shall have power to take such actions as it shall deem necessary in order to effect the orderly winding up of the Union.
Dated the 27th day of September 2019.
By order of the Executive Board.
- A quorum for an extraordinary general meeting shall be eight persons, at least four of whom shall be delegates representative of four individual affiliated clubs.
- A majority of at least two thirds of votes cast at the meeting shall be required to pass resolution 1. A simple majority vote shall be required to pass resolutions 2 and 3.
Club Information Day & Awards Night
On the same date as the EGM, a Club Information Day shall precede (2:00pm – 4:pm) and the Awards night (6:30pm – 8:30pm) shall follow the EGM, thus facilitating club representatives to participate in all these occasions on the same day.