Securing Munster Cricket’s Future
The publication of the Munster Cricket Strategic Plan for the 2021-23 period is a key milestone in the development of the game in Munster and sets out the roadmap which will enable the game to grow in a sustainable manner over this period. 2021 has already seen significant growth with new clubs, new facilities and more adult and youth players involved than ever before. The key is now to build on this growth to ensure the future wellbeing of cricket across Munster.
Munster Cricket has as its “Mission to protect and amplify our passion for Cricket in Munster by nurturing its strong foundations and supporting the development of clubs and players across the region“. This is based on applying the Values of Fairness, Inclusivity, Diversity and Transparency.
The Plan has been developed based on widespread consultation with clubs and players particularly through the player survey carried out at the start of 2021.
The Plan is built around six key pillars and their related goals which are:
- Organisational Development to ensure the efficient running of the Union’s affairs and increase the diversity of the Board and committees
- Facility Standards and Competition Structures aimed at ensuring competitions are well and fairly run and that Union and club facilities are increased and improved.
- Funding and Partnerships focused on raising the profile of the game in Munster and on growing the financial resources necessary to support the improvement of facilities.
- Communications aimed at developing a consistent and professional communications plan to engage the cricket community and inform the general public about our game and activities
- Participation Pathways to grow the numbers involved in playing cricket in Munster at youth and adult level and providing the means to progress through the playing pathways up to senior Interprovincial level with the Munster Reds.
Achieving these goals will put the foundations in place to enable significant growth to take place in the next planning cycle from 2024 in cooperation with Cricket Ireland and our fellow Provincial Unions.