Munster Cricket following close liaison with and based on advice from Cricket Ireland, who in turn worked closely with other major relevant sporting authorities in Ireland and acting in accordance with the best advice from the National Public Health Emergency Team, relevant public health bodies and the World Health Organisation have taken the decision to postpone all training and schools programmes and to cease non-essential activities in the Munster region until at least 29th March 2020.
The health and safety of players, staff, coaches, families and volunteers within the cricket community is our key priority, and we will take all necessary actions to do our part in limiting the spread of the Coronavirus.
As a result of the clear advice from public authorities, the MCU will undertake the following specific actions:
- The Munster Cricket Office will be closed to staff and visitors from 12th March until at least 29th March 2020.
- We will endeavour to fulfil external business meetings during this time by phone or video conferencing, as appropriate.
- We will cancel any non-essential travel by MCU staff and volunteers during this period.
- All training sessions led by coaching staff will be postponed immediately until at least 29th March.
- All underage and senior training sessions will be postponed with immediate effect.
- Access to the Munster training facility will be closed until further notice.
We appreciate this disruption may inconvenience many, however, we believe it is in the best interests of both the cricket family and the wider community, and we sincere thank everyone in advance for their cooperation and understanding.
We will continue to actively monitor developments on a day-to-day basis, and provide further updates over the coming weeks.